Adweek just published this really insights info graphic produced by Carlos Monteiro that combines data from Experian Hitwise, Forrester Research and PQ Media to provide a snapshot of the leaders in the social media sphere (excluding mobile data). There’s so much to discover but here are a few things that jumped out at me:
- Facebook captures over 90% of all social media visits and 3/4 are outside the U.S.
- Newcomer Pinterest just outstripped LinkedIn for traffic despite the recent surge.
- The absolute explosion of mobile advertising revenue expected by 2016 (144.2 billion).
- China and India boast the most vocal critics including those that protest against brands, services and products.
- The average person now spends around 100 hours a year on social networks.
- What else jumps out to you?