How MOD Pizza’s Culture Drives Growth and Impact
UN Foundation’s Aaron Sherinian on Global Purposeful Storytelling Strategies
March 17, 2015
We recently sat down with Aaron Sherinian, Chief Communications and Marketing Officer for the UN Foundation, to discuss best practices and opportunities in mobilizing global citizens to ‘do good’. With 2015 set to be a landmark year in global development, the UN Foundation’s legacy in purposeful storytelling and engaging stakeholders around the world provides unique insights for brands everywhere.
During our conversation, Aaron shares key pieces of advice:
- Recognize that everyone has role, and desire, to help to build a better world.
- Realize the power (and creativity) of storytelling as a reminder that people want to be part of something bigger than themselves.
- Appreciate and respond to the democratization of philanthropy.
- Leverage technology’s ability to transcend borders and gain insights on commonalities across the globe.
- Be very loud and very deliberate, on your purposeful giving.
- Ask employees what they care about.
- Acknowledge and thank your partners in real time.
- Don’t forget that new (social) media is a ‘stream’. Repetition does not mean redundancy; we must repeat the important messages to give people a chance to hear them.
- In 2015, you must be part of the conversation for global good. If you are not part of the conversation, you’re not fully taking advantage of the power your organization has to impact change.
Described by Aaron, ‘…2015 is an unprecedented year to recalibrate, on a global scale, where we are on global issues around health, poverty, girls and women, climate, the environment, sanitation.’ Brands must understand that if they are not part of the conversation, it will be noticed.